Wednesday, June 20, 2012

With All Her Heart

Afternoon nap time is one of my favorite times of the day. Bereket puts my hands on each side of her face and then wraps her arms tightly around my neck. When our noses are about an inch apart, she smiles contently until she finally drifts off to sleep.  The peace and near perfection of these moments are bliss.



Today as I watched my baby's sleepy smile, I thought about how undiluted my toddler's emotions are. When she is content, I am filled with her peace. When she is joyful, it overflows everywhere.  When she is sad or angry, that overflows, too (with gusto and volume!) But it is real.

Letting out All that Joy!
Someday she will learn to sensor her emotions like we adults try so hard to do. And as a teen, she may never want to tell me what she is thinking or feeling. But for now, bring on all that love, Little B! And together, we'll get through the tough moments, too!

A moment of Mommy bliss at a recent outdoor wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment