Friday, May 25, 2012

The Cake has Arrived!

One would think the president was coming for dinner tomorrow the way my mind has been whirling lately! Brats and burgers on the grill or bacon-wrapped filet mignon?  Field greens and berries or hot onion dip and pita chips?  This afternoon I was still seeking that perfect inspiration as I wandered the grocery store isles...

Yes, tomorrow we celebrate our precious daughter turning two with her first real birthday party! It will be a small affair with family and godparents, but  I know Jason and I both want every detail to be just right! We want to show our daughter that a lot of love and care was put into her special day, because she is so special to us. (Although I must admit if Bereket got any say in the party, we would be having Cheezits and banana slices for appetizers and graham crackers and strawberry yogurt for the main course!)

So on that note, small heart attack this morning when the bakery called just a few hours before we were to pick up the most important part of the party: the Angelina Ballerina birthday cake! The cake designer just couldn't get the frosting art to look like Angelina. Was there another design they could do instead?  My heart sank. Bereket just loves that little dancing mouse on PBS! Having an Angelina theme was the only part of the party Jason and I had no trouble deciding on..Jason even helped to pick out all the coordinating pink princess paper products! "Can you just try your best?" I asked the designer. A very hesitant baker agreed...and I think she did an amazing job!

 
We love you, Bereket!  You will always be our princess and we can't wait for all the adventures a new year with you will bring! How we can't wait to watch you blow out your two little candles tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Brats and chips...make it easy on yourself so you can just enjoy the day with your little girl! : )

    ReplyDelete